top of page

What is the difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist?

Updated: Jun 10, 2022

If you have problems with your feet and are looking for someone to help, do you call a chiropodist or a podiatrist? It can be very confusing… allow us to explain…

Podiatrists and chiropodists essentially do the same job. They are both medical professionals who specialise in the treatment of the lower limb.

In the UK, podiatry is simply the newer name for chiropody and is internationally recognised.

You should however, ensure that your chiropodist or podiatrist is registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and is a member of The Royal College of Podiatry (formerly the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists) or another professional body such as The Institute of Chiropodists & Podiatrists.

All our podiatrists have completed at 3 or 4 year degree at university, are registered with the HCPC and have been DBS checked.

Meet our team

232 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page